Wednesday 26 December 2012

////

De Komst Playlist

De Komst : Vlahos & Karina
There are always songs for the mood whenever i write stories 
and now it's time for 'De Komst', my latest novel with fifi playlist i shared with you :)
Because the setting came from 1930-1940,
it's actually pretty hard to find the actual song from this year,
so i just picked some from the classic world war 2 albums
(specially from G.I Jukebox : songs from world war 2 you can hear it here and Classic songs from WWII)

Nah. And here it's my favourite album of all : 
'Always in my heart' from 'Classic songs from WWII'
If you read my novel, and found any songs that i meant in the books, i picked up mostly from this album :)
There is also the volume one and it's called : 
'Kiss the boys goodbye' 
But i didn't really listen to this part. I prefer the second one.
Classic song from WWII : Always in my heart
And this one, i didn't listen much to this because i have no copies of this album (yet)
but i listened it in youtube and actually it's very nice too :)

G.I. Jukebox: Songs From World War II

And here it is
playlist for 
'De Komst' 

Dutch nationality anthem, i really love the song :) first heard of this anthem from 'Oeroeg' movie, this anthem really takes me back to the colonialism era, reminds me a lot of the dutchmen. 

This song featured in 'De Komst chapter 21' when Karina & Vlahos did the ballroom dance together :') i really love the mood. Very lovely and.. romantic. Actually all of Dinah shore's song isn't fit with the year.. but well.. have no choice. This song is just way too great.

Featured in 'De Komst chapter 19 when Vlahos takes the dance with Astoria. I took this because this song is just really fit with what Astoria think about Vlahos :) 
And this is what i love from the lyrics : 

"To me he means a million other things 
For he's the one who taught this happy heart of mine to fly 
He wears a pair of silver wings.... 

An ordinary fellow in a uniform I love...

....Why, I'm so full of pride when we go walking 
Every time he's home on leave 
He with those wings on his tunic 
And me with my heart on my sleeve 
But when I'm left alone and we are far apart I
 sometimes wonder what tomorrow brings 
For I adore that crazy guy who taught my happy heart 
To wear a pair of silver wings"


How Astoria getting crazy about Vlahos.. 
How Astoria feel joy & happy when she's on his side..
This song is great ! 

Ah! All vera lynn's song are great but this one is my favourite! I really love dame vera's beautiful voice
 & the orchestra! really beautiful :') 

5. Always in my heart - Hal McIntyre & his orchestra
Sweet, Dramatic, and full of orchestra. This song is really suits with the mood, altough it's written for world war 2 (well, not really into my story..) but i really love how Hal describes the feeling.. wonderful !

*notes*
Dinah Shore & Vera Lynn collection is the best ! :D 

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment